Guess who’s finally 23? Yay!!!! From living in three different countries, attending and graduating from college, getting my first real girl job, starting my own company (and a blog), and deciding to start my new brand, so many great things have happened in such a relatively short time frame! Of course, there have been some bad things too; losing people I love, break-ups, rejections, and internal struggles, tons of them!
But I’m grateful for these last 23 years for what I’ve learned. The best part is that each day, I have the opportunity to learn something different, to discover something new about myself, and the world around me. Here are some life hacks I have experienced these last years:
1. Always listen to your intuition. When you get that gut feeling that something is right or wrong, don’t ignore it. You often know the answer before you even realize it.
2. Having God in your life is a MUST! I’m not the most religious person, but I’m definitely someone who has a lot of faith and I understand that everything that I have got, it’s because God has allowed me to do achieve it by giving me the right tools to make it happen. When you have a good relationship with God, you start to appreciate life more, you become more thankful, generous, calm and therefore, happy!
3. It’s an absolute waste of time trying to make people who don’t like you to like you. There are some things you cannot control.
4. Be nice, work on your bad attitudes and spread positivism. You have no idea how important is to have that good energy in you!
5. Help and give as much as you can, it is honestly the purest form of joy! There’s a saying I learned on a conference a couple of years ago “when one grows, we all grow” and I didn’t fully understand its meaning until know, so always share, help, add, give without expecting something in return. Trust me, you will see how life will eventually give you back.
6. Sometimes you need to cry for no reason. Just let it out, you will feel better right after.
7. Don’t waste your time trying to convince others about your decisions; if someone doesn’t understand the reasoning behind your actions, you do not have to justify them. As hard as it sounds, you don’t owe everyone an explanation.
8. Don’t play with $. We’re all familiar with the “YOLO” movement and the fact that “life is only once” — but life can be pretty long too, and you might need savings at some point for something big.
9. Life is now. It is literally happening right now all around you so make sure you are doing what you love.
10. It’s never too late to start. One step in the right direction is better than standing still.
11. Skincare first, makeup second. It was until a couple of months ago that I realized this. Makeup is great for covering up and enhancing, but a good skin is what you really need.
12. Travel the world. Some of my favorite memories have been while traveling, and I can’t wait to be able to explore what else is out there in the great big world. Going away for some days will always be a great idea.
13. Learn how to sell yourself & your ideas. By knowing how to communicate properly and how to express your messages, you will definitely be raised a step higher up in the ladder.
14. Knowing more than one language is simply amazing! Not only because it will open you many doors, but also because it will increase your intellectual capabilities, awakes your curiosity and boost your confidence
15. Having To-do lists is the most necessary, satisfactory, yet stressing thing ever. But you kinda need to get used to them if you want to keep things organized.
16. I have realized that by being curious, I have opened myself many doors and I have created even bigger expectative about what I want in life. Even when your parents are probably going to get some anxiety attacks, ask deep and meaningful questions and wander off by yourself every now and again, if someone doesn’t know the answer, find it for yourself.
17. Networking is extremely important in everything you do. Connect with the people in your field, be nice and always have something to give. You will thank me later for this advice!
18. Love hurts but is totally worth it. Finding love is hard, you will get trough a lot, you will need to learn from other relationships, and most likely, you will need to get through hopefully only one -or some – heart brakes. But once you find “the one” you will see that everything happens for a reason.
19. Long-lasting relationships take time and hard work. There are three main pillars that should always be applied to have a strong relationship; Communication, trust and respect. Make these the three COLUMNAS of your relationship either with your special someone, a family member, your friends, etc. It will bring amazing results!
20. People will come into your life for one of two reasons: they’re either a blessing or a lesson. Learn to let people go, if they’re meant to be in your life they’ll always find their way back, eventually.
21. Don’t let fear or frustration to take control. Hard work makes achieving something so satisfying.
22. The best is yet to come! Tomorrow is a new day full of new dreams and opportunities. Always work for something better.
23. Confidence is KEY! Believe you can do it, know that you are capable of everything and just MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Cheers for 23 and for all of you who are reading this. Thanks for all your support <3